Sunday, March 06, 2016

Two tragic losses in 24 hours, Harnoncourt and Reagan

Very sad to hear how these two people who had a personal impact on my life died in so short a time period recently.
From his first recording of JC Bach, Stamnitz, Holzbauer, und Richter which I have in my collection, Johann Nikolaus Graf de la Fontaine und d’Harnoncourt-Unverzag, radicalized the way music was performed and listened to worldwide, be it chamber music, the first complete recording of Johann Strauss Jr. ZiguenerBaron, the Porgy and Bess recording on his 80th birthday in honor of him and his father promoting the score outside of america, and his monumental Wiener Philharmoniker Neujahrskonzerten 2001 und 2003, always and unforgettable and captivating performer, and it is sad to learn he died yesterday
http://www.harnoncourt.info/biographie/
The World has lost one of its greatest cultural treasures, and it remains an honor to have most of his greatest recordings and to know my paternal grandfather was a distant relative of his.
It is even sadder to see suckerberg tampering with the facebook page for this grosser tonkunstler when the entire World is mourning his loss.

I will always be grateful for the gift her husband Ronald sent me on my eighth birthday, how Ronald gave my Gilanshahi relatives asylum after tick picker khomemei chased them out of Iran, and I was excited to hear how the us mint finally approved coins of Ronald and Nancy Reagan to be released this year, and it is so sad to hear how she died so suddenly hours ago
http://www.reaganfoundation.org/nancy-memorial.aspx
A very personal loss with Nancy Reagan gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home